I just ordered the magicJack plus 2014. I know I said I wouldn’t, but I really wanted to see what’s in the box. Follow along with me as I show you how to order without adding unnecessary upsells.
There are no less than five upsells on our journey to buying a tiny device. Those upsells include:
- Platinum-Preferred Five-Year Plan — add five years to the new device. Voids the 6-month free offer.
- Easy Pay (or Easy One-Pay, they can’t seem to make up their minds.) This is the only upsell I took advantage of, primarily because it cost me nothing additional.
- Buy more magicJacks for your family and friends. Another thing that will sit in the bottom of their junk drawer, since they’re not technically inclined, like you.
- An extra year of service at the regular price. Voids the 6-month free offer, and easily available at a later date.
- Rush Shipping. They send it USPS. (I said UPS in the video. My bad.) Stil, there’s no point in paying more. It’ll get to you when it does. I ordered mine on the 2nd. It shipped out on the 3rd and I received it on the 5th of this month.
Cost breakdown for my order of one single magicJack plus 2014:
$29.95 – device and included cables
$8.95 – shipping and handling.
$3.03 – adminstrative charges and regulatory fees — whatever those are…
$41.93 – Total
Note: If you don’t have an American or Canadian credit card and/or you don’t live in the US or Canada, you will likely be unsuccessful ordering the magicJack 2014.
I’ll be doing unboxing and registration videos to follow up, once I receive the new device.
In the mean time, enjoy!
Update – 10:00 PM – 8/5/2013 – My new magicJack arrived today. I’ll be breaking it open tomorrow. Stay tuned!